Determine the present values (PVs) if $5000 is received in the future (i.e. at the end of each indicated time period) in each of the following situations:
a) 5 percent for ten years
b) 7 percent for seven years
c) 9 percent for four years
2. Assume you are planning to invest $5000 each year for six years and will earn 10 percent per year. Determine the future value (FV) of this annuity if your first $5000 is invested at the end of the first year.
3. Determine the present value (PV) now of an investment of $3000 made one year from now and an additional $3000 made two years from now if the annual discount rate is 4 percent.
4. What is the present value (PV) of a loan that calls for the payment of $500 per year for six years if the discount rate is 10 percent and the first payment will be made one year from now? How would your answer change if the $500 per year occurred for ten years?
5. Determine the annual payment on a $500000 12 percent business loan from a commercial bank that is to be amortized over a five-year period.
6. Determinate the annual payment on a $15000 loan that is to be amortized over a four-year period and carries a 1- percent interest rate. Prepare a loan amortization schedule for this loans
7. Assume a bank loan requires an interest payment of $85 per year and a principal payment of $1000 at the end of the loans eight year life.
a) at what amount could this loans be sold for to another bank if loans of similar quality carried an 8.5 percent interest rate?
b) now if the rates on other similar quality loans are 10 percent what would be the PV of this loan?
c) what would be the PV of the loan of the interest rate is 8 percent on similar quality loans?