1. At the top of your first page have all of the bibliographic information for the book in the following format: Author name. Year of publication. Title. Location of publisher: publisher. Total no. of pp. ISBN. And cost of book.
E.g. Ruiz Vicki. 1998. From Out of the Shadows: Mexican Women in Twentieth Century America. NY: Oxford University Press. xvii+240 pp. ISBN: 0-19513099-5 (pbk). $16.95 pbk.
2. An Introduction which describes the book its purpose the author the organization of the book and any other information of a summary or overview nature you think is useful.
3. Describe the content of the book. Your skills in summarizing apply here. Be comprehensive and add as much detail as necessary for the reader to know what the book is about
4. Identify the criteria for evaluation that you are using. The criteria will be concepts from the critical race theory text and the critical thinking packet.
5. Evaluate the book based on the chosen criteria.
6. Relate the book to at least one major concept of CRT and from the critical thinking packet.
7. Lastly provide a recommendation to colleagues in the class as to whether they should read the book and what you think they will get out of it if they do.
Typically you dont want to spend more than 2 or 3 pages on #s 1 2 and 3 above. You also should spend about 2 or 3 pages on #s 4 5 and 6.
the paper should be 4 pages
the book is
A World Not to Come: A History of Latino Writing Ral Coronado