1. Define the term the melting pot. Are we a melting pot? If not can you think of a more accurate metaphor?
2. Spend time observing popular media (newspapers magazines TV shows movies pop music and social media) for evidence of the myth of the melting pot. How closely do these images reflect your understanding of your own and other ethnic and racial groups?
3. What associations do you make with the terms culture ethnicity and traditions?
4. Some of the best ways for us to humanize and understand backgrounds that are different from our own are through learning thelanguage eating the foods and taking part in festivals andvarious traditions.Canyou share some of your special/important/notable traditions rituals festivities foodsor languages spoken?
5. This is less fun to write about but just as relevant: have you ever experienced discrimination? Can you tell us about it?