Due 4-29-17 at 8:00 p.m EST…
READ DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY…
All in MLA format
1) Define the following termsfind 6 different poems using BOOK sourcesyou must write your source of information in MLA format..
C) Free Verse
D) Blank Verse
2) Find 6 other forms of poetry of choiceusing 3 book sources and 3 internet sourcesdefine the termtype the poemtype your source information in MLA format DONT use these forms Tanka Sonnet Free Verse Blank Verse Ode Elegy Ballad Lyric Cinquain Diamante Limerick Haiku
3) You must select 1 poem from a poetry book at a library or website to analyze and answer questions below
A) you must type the original poem and add the authors name at the end of the poem. Type where you obtained the poem in MLA format.
Questions (Dont add the questions) Answer in complete sentences
1) 1)Title: What clues does the title provide to the poems meaning before you read the poem?
2) 2)Background: What background information exists about the poet and or the poem? How does this information impact on the poem meaning?
3) 3)General Idea: After the reading of the poem what is the general idea or general topic of the poem (such as the effect on warlovethought about lossetc.)?
4) 4)Speaker/Mood: Who is speaking in the poem? (Sometimes its not the poet) What is the mood of the poem?
5) 5)Form: What is the form of the poem? (Explain how the lines are organized? Is it stanzas? Does it have a form name? Is there a special rhyme scheme or meter/beat?)
6) 6)Interpret: In your own words explain what the poem is about. (Must be atleast 5 sentences)
7) 7)Theme: What is the theme of the poem?
8) 8)Personal Response: How has the poem touched you in your own experience? (Must be 2 sentences or more).