Which statement did Bernard Malamud make in Dublin’s Lives?
A. My feet dirt the floor you smoke cigars
B. Ultimately no biography is fiction.
C. What I like in a good author isn’t what he says but what he whispers.
D. All biography is ultimately fiction
2. Your text says that framing in nonfiction is when the writer decides how much to include in the essay or autobiographical narrative. In that case Ann Loux frames her Untitled Memoir around the time when she returns as an old lady to Auntie K’s house.
3. How does Ann Loux in her Untitled Memoir tell you that her Auntie K lived next door to a Miss Lelia? Refer to details in the creative nonfiction.
4. What details in Untitled Memoir does Ann Loux include to produce the impression of the decay of the older generation’s South.
5. What details does Ann Loux include in Untitled Memoir to produce the impression of the younger generation’s curiosity and resilience?
6. Your text says that if you want to write autobiographical narrative you have to research ____________________.
7. What are three of the overlapping categories of creative nonfiction that you might want to consider? Define each one.
8. Imagine you had the experience described in your text of a scary taxi ride from the airport to your house. Write a few sentences of narrative to begin your account if you framed the experience from the minute you stepped outside of the airport.