YOU HAVE ONE WEEK TO FINISH IT FROM MARCH/28/2017. I DO NOT REPLY TO EMAILS AND I DO NOT NEGOTIATE TO PAY OUTSIDE THIS WEBSITE. Please submit your handshake and wait for a response from me!
1. A study is conducted to determine if time of day has any effect on test grades. An introductory psychology class is selected for the study because it has a standard curriculum taught across many sections. Two classes are selected for each time period: 8:00 AM 1:00 PM and 5:30 PM. Out of the total pool of around 40 students for each time period 15 students are selected at random for a total of 45. The test is administered to all students and the test results for the study subjects are placed in SPSS. We want to know if there is a statistical difference between these time periods. What test is appropriate? _____________________________________________________________________
2. Hicks law predicts how long it will take a user to pick out a given element on a website page from among all the other elements on that page. Because a certain website will be used many thousands of times per year on an intranet a major company engages a usability specialist to test whether the Hicks prediction holds on two proposed home page designs. Because the company is reluctant to have too many employees absent from work stations it specifies that the test can involve only five individuals and that therefore the same five people must test both proposed interfaces. We will want to know if there is a significant difference in the times for each interface. What is the appropriate test? _____________________________________________________________________
3. Laparoscopic surgery is a procedure for threading a small flexible tube within a patients body to explore or perform procedures. A recent study was conducted to see what skills a medical student new to laparoscopic surgery might have that would predict shorter learning times. One variable that was gathered was the amount of time a student had spent playing video games before starting his laparoscopic training. The researcher wants to see if the time spent gaming can predict the time needed to perfect laparoscopic skills. What would be the correct test to apply? _____________________________________________________________________
4. A large company is concerned about turnover so it commissions a survey that will be given to a random group of 1000 employees. The company then wants to get a general idea of what the results would be in the larger population but while it will look at significance indicators it is not heavily interested in significance but in an estimate of companywide results. What test would be proper to run here?_____________________________________________________________________
5. What is the best explanation for what the statistic R2means?
6. What is a type I error?
7. Given an R2 of .54 calculate the value of R.
For the next 10 questions use the Exel file internet_usage (1=male 0=female) download from here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8vPBhgDGmdeHFjN1lCWTJET1k/view?usp=sharing
8. What is the figure for the Fcrit as shown in the ANOVA?
9. Was the result significant?______________________________________________________________________
10. Interpret the result including any significance.. _______________________________________________________________________
11. What is the figure for the R value as revealed by the correlation?
12. Interpret the result in terms of fit and significance
13. What is the value of the Y intercept for this regression equation as shown by the completed analysis?
14. What is the B1 coefficient for this regression equation as shown by the completed analysis?
15. What is the R2 value for this regression as shown by the completed analysis?_______________________________________________________________________
16. What is the regression equation for this regression?
17. What is the best interpretation of this regression?
For the next 3 questions (Use a .05 alpha) and use the Excel file chisquare_tickets download from here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8vPBhgDGmddGgyQ1AzcG5YWHc/view?usp=sharing
18. What is the expected n for Cheyenne as shown in the chisquare table?
19. What is the significance of the final chisquare as shown in the chisquare table?
20. What is the best interpretation of the result?
For the next 2 questions use the Excel file chisquare_tickets_severity (1=lowest 4=highest) from here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8vPBhgDGmdTGE3cjhwTDR0UVE/view?usp=sharing
21. Find the Pearsons ChiSquare.
22. What is the best interpretation of this result? Is there any significant difference according to the Pearson ChiSquare?