View one of the following: a live concert (either musical or dance) play art museum a significant piece of sculpture and in 400-800 words respond to the following questions. Each question should use proper grammar punctuation and syntax. Any outside sources should be documented using MLA citation style. Each response must answer the question completely. Students will be graded by the attached rubric. Each response must answer the question completely. Students will be graded by the attached rubric
PURPOSE: What is the name of the artwork you are analyzing and who is the creator? Where and when did you view this artwork? By completing this analysis what do you wish to accomplish?
2. QUESTION AT ISSUE: Why did ________ create __________? What did she/he wish to accomplish?
3. ASSUMPTIONS: Artists create art with purpose. What do you think this artists purpose is in creating this work? Why do you think this?
4. INFORMATION: What historical and societal conditions and situations are influencing or motivating the artist?
5. POINTS OF VIEW: What do others say about this artist and particular work?
6. IMPLICATIONS AND CONSEQUENCES: Is this work promoting a certain cause or rendering a moral judgment? If so what is the cause or judgment?
7. CONCEPTS: Are your points explained and supported in a complete and coherent manner? Are you using correct grammar syntax and punctuation?
8. CONCLUSIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS: Did the artist achieve his/her goal(s)?
9. DECISION MAKING: Is this an artwork of value? Does this artwork convey a message that will be relevant to this and future generations?